Help: Site connections
Can I connect LearningStone-powered sites or applications?
Yes, a LearningStone powered site or application makes it possible to connect to other LearningStone-powered sites, like LearningStone.com itself. This makes it possible to:
- Login with an account on one site to the other (if this option has been activated)
- Connect content such as course timelines on one site to course timelines on another so that you don’t have rebuild the content.
How can I login with an account from another LearningStone-powered site*
LearningStone-powered applications or sites support logging with social login. This can be LinkedIn, Facebook, Microsoft etc., depending what has been configured.
It is also possible to login with an account from another LearningStone-powered sites, again depending on what has been set up.
Go to Your account page and scroll down to the buttons to connect sites.
If you see a button to connect, you will be able to login and/or connect content on the other service. Once you have connected the accounts you will be able to the other site to login.
*only if this has been activated
How can I import content from another LearningStone-powered site?
If you have connected another LearningStone-powered site on you account page and you see “Create connections with content on <name of the other site>”, next to the button, you will be able to import content (either course timelines or pages) or even keep it synchronized with the content on the other site.
Import Course timelines
First make sure you have connected your account on the LearningStone-powered site to the other LearningStone-powered site. You’ll find the button to do this at the bottom of you account page. Click on the button and then log in to the other site. If you were already logged in, you only need to confirm the connection and you’re done.
Now go to the course timeline library and you’ll see a menu to choose the connected site so you can choose the course timelines to copy. Remember you can only see course timelines in groups where you are a manager or coach.
Copying a page (admin only)`
First make sure you have connected your account on the LearningStone-powered site to the other LearningStone-powered site.
How do I configure connections between sites? (Admin only)
You can connect a LearningStone-powered site (the main site) to another site (the connected site) to:
Log in to main site using your connected site account
Create connections on the main site with content on the connected site.
Login to Test-site using your LearningStone account.
Create connections on Test-site with content on LearningStone
If you have super-admin access to both sites, you can configure this as follows in the administrator dashboard
1. Create a OAuth2 application on the connected site.
- Choose Auth > OAuth2 application
- Make a new app
- Enable it, fill in the name of the main site and enter the full url of the main site (https://....)
- Click on Make app and then open it again by clicking on it to copy the App ID and Secrete for the next step.
2. Create a OAuth2 consumer token on the main site.
- Choose Auth > OAuth2 Consumer secrete
- Register a new site
- Fill in the name of the connected site (the description can be the same).
- Enter the domain (www.connected-site.com)
- Enter App ID and Secrete from Step 1.
- Choose to allow user to authenticate (log in) and/or import content.