IN THE FLOW: The Mindfulness Center Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Training
Welcome to The Mindfulness Center online Meditation Teacher Training!
The Mindfulness Center online Meditation Teacher Training is a 160-hour immersion program that informs the participant through both informational content and experiential practices using podcasts of guided meditations, journaling, scripting and recording your own meditations, along with a library of content rich in information on the science and application of mindfulness practices in health care and education. This certification program is appropriate for educators, health care providers, social workers, mental health professionals and adults working with adolescents and interested in incorporating mindfulness meditation into a professional setting.
Learning materials provide an overview of the role of mindfulness in education, health care and other community building roles, drawing on both ancient wisdom and modern scientific evidence-basis. Experiential practice cultivates a deeper self-practice, and builds the foundation for teaching group and one-on-one sessions.
The Mindfulness Center Meditation Teacher Training program is Co-Sponsored by the National Association of Social Workers/NASW, and offers up to 16 hours of CEU's to therapists and social workers. CEU's are also offered through Yoga Alliance.
Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Course Objectives
- To prepare students of meditation to become teachers of meditation.
- To deepen and strengthen participants personal practice
- To be able to relay the experiential qualities of the practice to others. Whereas the meditation student may sit quietly with the struggles of the mind, the teacher knows how to guide the struggling student (and themselves). Resistance is a common encounter in the meditation practice. The teacher knows how to use resistance to create forward momentum.
- To be able to language your experience as you are having the experience, without it disturbing the practice.
Participants in the course will:
- Gain greater experience and awareness of the practice of mindfulness meditation.
- Learn how to guide others to and through these experiences.
- Be prepared to use the language of modern medical science to discuss the mechanisms of action of the practice, the active ingredients of the practice and the clinical outcomes of the practice of meditation.
- Be able to provide practical guidance and advice to others who wish to learn the practice of meditation.
- Learn to use empathy, compassion and other forms of non-verbal and verbal communication to guide others into the field of awareness.
- Be able to use the breath and other mindfulness tools to restore presence in the field of awareness.