This policy is part of the terms and conditions of LearningStone. See: www.LearningStone.com/en/terms
1. Your privacy
LearningStone is committed to offering a private and secure system for all users. We respect your privacy and will never give away any information without your permission, but we also want to point out what risks you are running. Communication on internet is never completely secure due to human error, abuse by others, technical errors or mistakes by users. Please keep this in mind when you enter information about yourself or others.
2. Help us protect your privacy
- LearningStone will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your (personal) data against loss or abuse.
- Use a strong password with letters and numbers.
- Never give your password to anyone.
- LearningStone will never ask for your password by phone, e-mail or any other way except through the secure login screen or account page. Never send your password by email or give it to someone on the phone. Passwords are encrypted in the system.
3. Privacy Laws (GDPR)
LearningStone provides an environment for entering personal information such as name, email, phone number and more. We sign a Data Processing Agreement with the person who creates an environment (the Workspace) on LearningStone, defining mutual responsibilities following the rules of the privacy law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
4. Your data
- LearningStone makes it possible for a user or a representative of the user (e.g., an employer or employee of a training agency) to create an account which will include a name, email address and country.
- A user can view and change these details and fill in other details (full address, links to other sites, a profile etc.). This personal information is shared with the coach or group manager and with other group members unless the users turns this off by changing the privacy settings.
- The manager of a LearningStone Workspace or groupspace – often a representative of the organization that created the workspace - must respect your privacy and may only use data collected through LearningStone for the intended purposes.
- Any information entered by the user can be viewed and exported by the group or workspace managers.
- Information is never given away by LearningStone without permission but may be transferred in an automated fashion by systems used by LearningStone or by third parties for analysis, reporting or for exchanging information from one system to the next (e.g. backups, payments through banks, etc.).
- You will always be able to change your personal details.
5. Private but not anonymous
Profile information is not public in LearningStone unless this is explicitly indicated. We respect your privacy but you are not anonymous within your LearningStone groupspaces. It is possible that a coach or trainer or if necessary someone at LearningStone can look at your information or messages that you have entered. This includes messages you post and then delete.
6. What we do with your information
- LearningStone will send you messages about changes to LearningStone and/or new features or products. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- The structure and content of the website may change based on your personal details.
- Members of your group can see your details (depending on privacy settings) and use that information to get in contact with you.
- Your details are combined with your on-site behavior to collect statistics. These statistics (e.g. number of visits to a page) are anonymized if they are shared with third parties.
- If you choose an external log in method such as Facebook or LinkedIn, this account will be connected and the other site will know you log in.
- For technical and operational reasons, it may be necessary for your details to be transferred to (the servers of) other companies in countries where the privacy laws are not the same as in your country. An example is when LearningStone uses storage or back-up facilities in a country in the European Union or in the United States.
- If LearningStone is forced to do so by law, we will give away information such as personal details or usage statistics to legal authorities.
7. Cookies & Analytics
LearningStone automatically collects information about your use of the system. If necessary, cookies are installed and registered. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer to help remember things like the correct language and which page you visited last. Cookies do not contain your address but may contain your IP-number. An IP-number or IP-address is the address a computer needs to connect to the internet. Cookies are also used for Google Analytics, a service that provides anonymous statistics about the use of websites.
LearningStone has disabled data sharing with Google Analytics and has masked the last octet of the IP address to increase privacy. LearningStone does not use other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.
8. View and change your details or unsubscribe
You can always view and change personal details in your account. If you want to know what information is collected by LearningStone, you can always ask.
9. Other sites and widgets
Any other questions? Contact us at www.LearningStone.com/contact