Help: Junk mail, less mail, notifications or stopping
How to stop email from ending in the junk or spam folder
Sometimes email can be incorrectly seen as junk mail or spam. You get less spam if you:
- tell your mail program that it is not spam (for the whole domain members.learningstone.com), see below.
- click on a link in an email or send a reply.
- ask your system administrator to add LearningStone to an allow-list (formerly the 'white list', see below).
Not junk / spam
Tell your email client not to consider the mail as spam.
Outlook.com, Live, Hotmail: Check your spam folder here (new window). Select and right-click on “Not Junk”.
Outlook desktop: Go to Junk folder and right-click or control-click on the mail and choose Junk > Never Stop Senders Domain
Gmail: Check your junk folder here (new window) and select a mail and choose “Not Spam”
Apple mail: Click on “Not Junk”
EM client: Choose Actions > Move to Inbox > Remove domain from Blacklist
How to stop a mail server from incorrectly stopping mail?
If mail to a specific domain is being filtered to a spam folder for several mail accounts and your institution or company runs its own mail server, the central spam filter might be too strict. Ask the systems operator to add the following to the central whitelist.
----------for your email----------
Our learning environment LearningStone sends a lot of email and it looks like our mail server is sending some of the mail to spam boxes. Could you please add this to our allow list (formerly known as white list).
You can also add IP numbers but domains are preferred.
How do I prevent email from being sent to me?
If you are a member and can login:
1. At the bottom of each mail, you can click on “Unsubscribe”. If you opt-out of group mail, you will only receive messages if they were sent to you individually.
2. If you want to set the preferences per groupspace: login and click on your profile image > Preferences > Email & Notifications.
If you do not have a login name (you never created an account):
1. At the bottom of any mail, click on “Unsubscribe” to stop mail.
2. You can decline the invitation to join the groupspace.
I’m receiving spam through LearningStone. How do I stop that?
Spam can be sent to you if someone has been sharing mail (either by mistake or through a virus). As LearningStone uses a special mail alias, you can stop the spam from being sent to you by resetting this alias. If you get spam regularly, go to Preferences > LearningStone email address to reset it. Don’t do it too quickly as others won’t be able to reply directly to recently sent messages.
How do I get out of a groupspace?
Just ask a manager to remove you. This might be a coach but could also be someone else. Go to the group and click on “People” to find out who.
I don’t want to be the groupspace manager anymore.
At least one person has to be the group manager, so you can never stop being a manager if there isn’t someone else.
How do I get out of LearningStone?
If you just want to stop mail coming from LearningStone, click on “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of a mail.
You do not need to leave LearningStone if a course has ended. The space will be archived with all the members in it and you will stop receiving messages. The archive can be used later to find old members or to download material.
How do I archive or delete a groupspace? (for Managers)